Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The other volunteers of Toto Love: Melanie and Katja

Katja (dark hair, dark t-shirt) Melanie (blonde hair, white t-shirt)

These are the 2 letters from the fabulous volunteers from Germany.


My name is Katja Muller, I come from Germany, Sindelfingen. After passing my exams I decided to go abroad for one year. So I apply at the german organization "weltwearts". I'd like to spend time with children and youth. In Germany there are many groups for kids which I join, also as a group leader. Weltwearts answered my application and so I heard the frist time of Toto Love. I hoped they will pick me as a volunteer because the project sounds very well to me. Now I am so happy to be here and stay at Toto Love for one year.
My name is Melanie Fendes and I come from Obesursel in Germany. For 2 years I decided to do a social year and last year I wrote an application to "weltwaerts" an organization for sending volunteers all over the world. My favorite country or continent was Africa. So they said that they would have place for me in Toto Love, Embu. I really enjoy to spend time with children and youths and in the church in Obesursel I was a group leader. That is the reason why I said "yes" to Toto love without thinking about another project. Now I am here with Katja for one year and after that we want to study.

Katja and Melanie help out around the house with chores and cooking. You can see how much the children love them and they spend lots of time playing with them. They were planning a Halloween party for them for 2010. Very courageous to spend 1 year in Embu as a billet with another family. In order to get to and from the orphanage they take the Matatus (which are crammed busses full of pax) as there is no city buses.

We are very thankful for their dedication to the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment